Thursday, November 12, 2009

Self Evaluation of my academic year (2009)

This sort of article or brief essay is going to be very difficult, but useful and positive, because we are not used to thinking in how our year resulted, what were the problems, and also what were the most important aspects of our career, our subjects and our lessons. This year was really very complicated and stressful, but also was a very interesting year. In the first term, I had to take many courses of each one of the lines of psychology, so it gave me an overview of my discipline, which contributed to improve my knowledge and interest on it. In the second half of the year I could choose the lessons and subjects that I wanted which improved the situation, because finally I could feel myself comfortable, calm and interested.
In the first term of the year, the situation becomes a little complicated. Some subjects had not proved what we expected of them. Personally, I hoped to get closer to clinical area and know a little more of it. However, this subject was quite precarious and disorderly. The contents that were taught were not the most appropriate, and we could not really know much about what really does a clinical psychologist in the different areas of this discipline. While other subjects such as occupational and organizational psychology, took care of me through many hard times, and for the first time in my university history I had to give an examination in a subject. However, I had the opportunity to meet educational and community area of psychology, which I find very interesting and attractive.
In the second term of this hard year, I finally had the opportunity to choose the subjects that I preferred to take, which completely changed things and make them better. I choose to take educational, community and child-youth areas of psychology, mainly. This was a great change, because I found a lot of things that I had always be waiting. I really found a reason to study psychology and a goal to follow. I discovered I could mix my passion, theatre, with this discipline to achieve profound social changes, and at the same time to eat (hahaha). I decided to follow the line of educational psychology, for mix it with arts education and community work, and now I feel calm and satisfied.
With no doubt, this year has been a very complicated, stresfull and hard year. But, in the other, this year has been a year where I learned a lot and I also found sense of many things I do. Now I believe that I can work in the real word, without giving up what I believe, my dreams, or my tastes. I'm confident I can change many things, and I am also committed to many projects and activities and hopefully fulfill my promises. I hope that all my dreams come true and I appreciate how hard this year was because it taught me many things.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear that although you had to work really hard this year,it was worth the effort. Now you deserve a holiday!!!
    Please consider the corrections and suggestions I made to your post.

    Self Evaluation of my academic year (2009)
    This sort of article or brief essay is going to be very difficult, but useful and positive, because we are not used to thinking ABOUT how our year TURNED OUT, what were the problems, and also what were the most important aspects of our career, our subjects and our lessons.

    This year was QUITE CHALLENGING BUT VERY PRODUCTIVE. IT WAS really very complicated and stressful, but IT also was (/) very interesting (/).

    In the first term, I had to take many courses of each one of the lines of psychology, so it gave me an overview of my discipline, which contributed to improve my knowledge and interest on it. In the second half of the year I could choose the lessons and subjects that I wanted, which improved the situation, because finally I could feel (/) comfortable, calm and interested.
    In the first term of the year, the situation becAME a little complicated. Some subjects had not proved what we expected of them. Personally, I hoped to get closer to THE clinical area and know a little more of it. However, this subject was quite precarious and disorderly. The contents that were taught were not the most appropriate, and we could not really GET TO know much about what a clinical psychologist really does in the different areas of this discipline. (/) Other subjects such as occupational and organizational psychology, [took care of me?= MADE ME GO through many hard times, and for the first time in my university history I had to give an examination in a subject. However, I had the opportunity to DEAL WITH educational and community areaS of psychology, which I find very interesting and attractive.
    In the second term of this hard year, I finally had the opportunity to choose the subjects that I preferred to take, which completely changed things and make them better. I chOSe educational, community and child-youth areas of psychology, mainly. This was a great change, because I GOT IN TOUCH WITH a lot of things that I had always beEN waiting FOR. I really found a reason to study psychology and a goal to follow. I discovered I could mix my passion, theatre, with this discipline to achieve profound social changes, and at the same time EARN MY BREAD (hahaha). I decided to follow the line of educational psychology, TO mix it with arts education and community work, and now I feel calm and satisfied.
    With no doubt, this year has been a very complicated, stresfull and hard year. But, in the other, this year has been a year where I learned a lot and I also found A PURPOSE IN many things I do. Now I believe that I can work in the real word, without giving up what I believe IN, my dreams, or my tastes. I'm confident I can change many things, and I am also committed to many projects and activities and, hopefully, I WILL fulfill my promises. I hope that all my dreams come true and I appreciate how hard this year was because it taught me many things.

    ReplyDelete